Cashdesk ticket sales
Tickets will be available for purchase on both days of the event at the cashdesk at the entrance of the Congress Center.
Cashdesk ticket sales start at 9AM on Thursday, 6th of September.
Two day tickets are available for pre-order.
Payment for pre-ordered tickets will be done on our Ticket stands in the Master Center on the day of the event. There is limited amount of tickets and will be sold on first come first served basis. To avoid waiting in long lines we urge you to come in early in the day.
Visitors from Serbia can by the tickets now, while visitors from abroad can only pre-order them.
You can buy or pre-order tickets on the following links:
On BalCCon 2k13 we want to put also focus on groups meeting and discussing topics. For many groups it was hard to find a decent home base to discuss ideas and get new folks interested in their community. For interested hackers it became harder to find someone to talk to, as everyone was wandering around.
We have a solution for that: "Hackerspace" on BalCCon. We want to capture the camp's spirit in semi-open assemblies called "Hackerspace" ;)
So, if you are a group of hackers who like to work and hang out together, bring your toys, work on projects, have fun and let others participate in what you’re doing!
Please make sure that you have set up your assembly nicely until Sunday, 1st of September:
How to reserve space
Please let us know what you’d like to do, how much space you’ll need, what you’d like to bring with you, how much power your gear will consume, etc… Keep in mind: The more you tell us about your plans the better your chances that you’ll actually get what you want.
- send an email on jelena at balccon.org with subject BalCCon 2k13 Assembly
Be aware: Only Assemblies that were added until 1st of September will get an own place!
So we bring our projects and set up workshops and so on?
Yes, sharing your knowledge and showing other participants about your projects is central for everything going on at the congress. If people in your Assembly want to offer workshops or maybe lectures on a small scale, maybe there’ll be enough space for you to integrate a workshop area into your Assembly. For bigger workshops there will be workshop room.
Great, we will bring ALL THE THINGS!
Be aware that the space is limited. But assemblies are invited to bring their toys and also to decorate their spot on the Congress – as long as everything you bring with you does not block exit paths and is not inflammable. These two requirements are important, and if your installations don’t fulfil them, we’ll be forced to remove them.
Yes, we will do some workshops!
If you would like to have small-scale workshops in your Assembly, tell us what you’re planning and for how many people. Please be as specific as possible. We will probably not allocate extra workshop space for your Assembly, if you haven’t published something like a schedule on your Assembly page. For now it will be sufficient to list topics and speakers, later we’d like to see a timetable as well.
How about a projector for our area?
We will not provide projectors, canvas or anything apart from chairs and tables, but probably you’ve got those anyway.
List of already registered assemblies
- We are preparing a wargame-style game for BalCCon for you to sharpen your mad skillz.
- The game will be level based. Levels will cover broad range of topic from web apps, over reverse engineering to cryptography.
The warm up game took place from Wednesday the 14th of August 12:00 till Sunday the 5th of Septembar 0:00 (CEST / UTC+2 )
The prizes are :
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize : Free ticket
- Made the force be with you http://wargame.balccon.org
- BalCCon has been organized by the community and appreciates all kinds of participation. You were encouraged to contribute to this event by volunteering.
The Congress would not be possible without many people donating their time bringing the Congress to life and dealing with all the side effects of bringing hundreds of hackers together in a congress centre.
The congress heavily relies on your help! Please consider volunteering at BalCCon 2k13. You can sign up by submitting a email at jelena at balccon.org
- if you would like to help us on site.
- A big thank you for applying for volunteering at BalCCon 2k13.
Still space left for your talks, projects and workshops!
Join us on the first ever BalCCon - the Balkan Computers Congress, the meet up of the international hackers community organized by LUGoNS - the Linux Users Group of Novi Sad. Be part of something special as our goal is to establish BalCCon as a traditional annual event which will feature a broad variety of topics covering both technical and social aspects of our digital society. Our program consists of numerous presentations, workshops and lectures about privacy, technology, programming, the world of hackerspaces, free software and even taking into consideration socio-political issues. One special part of the congress will be dedicated exclusively to hacking and projects.
- BalCCon is highly self-organized and dependent on volunteers , we need your help. First and foremost, we need eager volunteers to help on-site with the intricate details of organizing a conference for hundreds of people.
- As a community organized congress we want to offer you the best lectures possible. In order to achieve this we are counting on you and your ideas.If you have a great talk in mind and think that other hackers should listen to it just submit it! We are offering one hour slots (including Q&A) and will record your talk for on-line reference after the congress unless you opt out.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES - BalCCon 2013 Call For Papers
- Dates and Deadlines
- July 1st, 2013 (23:59 UTC): Submission deadline
- July 15th, 2013: Final notification of acceptance
- September 6th – 7th, 2013: BalCCon Computer Congress
Check in at balccon.org or via Twitter Twitter(@BalCCon2k13) regularly to receive the latest updates and news about BalCCon. We’d love to see you in September in Novi Sad!